Thursday, June 9, 2016

Scale victory!

Confession: Its all about my new life. But today, I win the scale!


It has been an awful week.  My family said goodbye to the best man. One of my very favorite people in the world.  My sweet Father-in-Law passed from this life to begin his eternities, and while we rejoice for him, we miss him already.  I have been an emotional wreck, and watching the man I love mourn his very best friend, has been very hard.  BUT - I want to talk about my journey.  Some of those feelings are too close right now.
For me, emotional wreck means eating.  Food is such a comfort!  I could down much chocolaty goodness during a hard time, and go and go, and spiral down to full blown addiction mode.
I have been changing my habits much, but I will be so honest, I had a small piece of cake. Some taffy there, a bite of chocolate here and here.  I am still the addict.  I know this.  I focused on healthy meals. Its the in between that I struggled with.  
I did well however.  I had a few slips, but I do not feel sucked back in.  I feel like I am still in control, which is a wonderful feeling! I am hanging in there! 
But because of my slips and "bad behavior" I thought I had better take the plunge, weigh myself, see the damage...I have not weighed in about a week, and I had been hovering for a week or 2 at 203-201 lbs.   I was nervous.  Imagine my surprise! For the first time in over 20 years- I weigh less than 200 pounds!  
ONEDERLAND baby!!
I am so happy- I can barely keep it in!  My goal was to be at this weight by June 18th!  I DID IT! I am elated!  I needed this, this hard week.  This is a scale victory for sure!

However, usually its about the non-scale victories.  I love how I feel, my energy, my accomplished feeling, and my ability to do the things I need to, and WANT to.  Don't focus on the scale.  You are MORE than the scale.  
I AM MORE than the scale! 
(But today, we might just be bestest friends!)


No comments:

Post a Comment